My 1st record spun on the turntable for 2008 is U2's The Joshua Tree... Hard to believe it was 20 years ago!
Still an excellent album, great songs, beautiful instrumentation! It was an important album for me... listening to it as a 12 year old kid then had a huge impact on me as a guitarist. Mine was a cassette copy then...
Well, I managed to acquire a 2nd hand LP of the album late last year but it seems to have some noisy groove noise even after a few rounds on my VPI record cleaning machine... will try some turpentine perhaps...
Anyway, since the new year is here... I've decided to come up with some obligatory (but I'm serious about achieving them) resolutions for the year... here goes:
- Be a better person, son, boyfriend, baker and musician
- Earn money on a more regular basis (a regular job perhaps?)
- Get a driver's license
- Fulfil all my monetary commitments
- Pray and read the Bible more
- Lose more fat and gain more muscle
- Update this blog more often
- Get my family and friends saved! Jesus help me!
- Upgrade my vinyl rig further
- Streamline my massive music collection
I would really like to thank God for a wonderful 2007... though there were up and downs, there were many highlights too... some of which which came to my mind were:
- The YellowRen tours in Singapore, Australia and Philippines where I played guitarist (visit website :: view slideshow :: view video)

Soundcheck and Setup for the gig - My new Arcam Alpha 7 Integrated Amp, Graham Slee 2 Phono Stage and Denon DL-110 HOMC Cartridge... I love my vinyl rig now... maybe next upgrades would be a hercules power supply and better tonearm (will get some pics up some day)
- HOF Youth Camp was awesome (view webpage) although I was dreading it a bit at first... no regrets!
- My Thailand trip with my bro, Ting Chun was really fun, but also cheap! (view photos)
- My region won best musical (something which I wrote) for David & Goliath (view photos)
- Another year surviving as a freelance web designer and musician
- Discovering that I could bake!
- Another year of relatively good health
- A new distortion pedal (The classic Boss OS-2)
- Michelle, my belle :)

Meet the band: Royston (Acoustics), Me, Kirk (Drums), Heng Yee (Bass) and not forgetting... Ricky, who was catching up on some sleep at the time

Playing with Rex Goh was really a treat for all of us during the Singapore Leg. From Left to Right: Rex, Heng Yee, Me, Kirk, Ricky, Ernest

On Stage!

The Whole Team! (Ps Dale, Kongster, Me, Chengster, Royster, Ricky, Changster, Peggy, Ps Mong Yee, Dayna, Wee Leng, Sherry and Oon Hong were our photographers so they not in the picture)
Other things to thank God for:


No comments:
Post a Comment